On the 9th of November 2013, Medical Students from across the country came together for the inaugural National Medical Student Summit. This summit led to the launch and establishment of the Association of Medical Students, Ireland (AMSI). For the first time since the late 19th century, Irish medical students have an organisation that can facilitate dialogue at a national and international level.
- Increase collaboration between medical schools
- Represent the views of medical students on a national and international level
- Promote medical student wellness
- Create a forum where students can engage with a wide variety of health, scientific and educational issues and promote an atmosphere of participation
- Be the National Member Organisation for Ireland to the IFMSA and be an active participant in the Standing Committees of the IFMSA.