Sub-Regional Trainings (SRTs)
A Sub Regional Training (SRT) is an international meeting supported by the IFMSA, where members and motivated students from a (sub)region or sometimes even further away can meet and participate in trainings, workshops and small working groups. It can also be recognized as an IFMSA Activity.
SRTs and other IFMSA Activities are organized by an Organizing Committee (OC) within a National Member Organization (NMO) that volunteers to find board and lodging, to coordinate the trainings, Small Working Groups (SWGs) and workshops and to organize a social program for all the participants. The main objective of the program is to improve the work of IFMSA in the region.
- Motivate participants and make them feel part of the IFMSA;
- Share experiences, projects, and problem solving techniques;
- Deliver trainings in different topics;
- Work together to solve problems that officers might encounter through SWGs;
- Find out ways of collaboration with the rest of the NMOs in the region;
- Provide the members with further information about the IFMSA and the participating NMOs;
- Have lots of fun!
There are several examples of SRTs that have been organized so far, which include but are not limited by:
- Professional and Research Exchange Training (PRET)
- Training New Trainers, Training Old Trainers, Training Experienced Trainers (TNT/TOT/TET)
- Training New Human Rights Trainers (TNHRT)
- Training Medical Education Trainers (TMET)
- Northern/Southern European Cooperation for Sex Education (NECSE/SECSE)
- Global Health and/or Public Health Training
- International Peer Education Training (IPET)
- And many many more!
Trainer Madness 2017 - AMSB bULGARIA
15th - 22nd July
Deadline: 21st May
Trainer Madness is a new form for SRTs extended to 6 working days to have the opportunity to fuse workshops. There are 4 workshop options:
Sub-Regional Training - TAIWAN
10th-14th of August
Fee: € 240 for the event itself (t-shirts cost €11, and participants may join the post SRT tour for €109)
Deadline: May 19th 23:59 GMT
Participants can chose from the following 4 workshops:
- TNT (Training New Trainers)
- TNHRT (Training New Human Right Trainers)
- PRET (Professional and Research Exchange Training)
- TMET (Training Medical Education Trainers)
More info can be found in the Invitation package.
If you are interested in applying as trainers, please fill in the application form by 8th May
SRT 'SEE THE PERSON, NOT YOUR ATTITIUDE' - lIMSA LITHUANIA
20th - 25th August
Deadline: 15th June (early fee), 15th July (late fee)
We hope that You are are as excited as we are about the upcoming Sub-Regional trainings “See the Person, NOT Your Attitude“ in Lithuania! SCOPHeroes, SCORPions and SCORAngels from Lithuania are promising You the best experience in our beautiful country!
There are 4 workshops to chose from:
- IPET: Sexuality Education in Combating Stigma Related to SRHR.
- TMET: Mental health in medical practice.
- TNT: Immigration and Health
- Advocacy Training: Optimization of the Healthcare System.
If you want to apply as a trainer please fill out the Application Form by 24th May
IFMSA Sub-Regional Training: Aarhus, Denmark
21 - 25 September, 2017
IFMSA Sub-Regional Training will be held in Aarhus Denmark, 2017.
More information will be available in the coming months.
Find out more on their Facebook Event Page