Sub-Regional Trainings (SRTs)
A Sub Regional Training (SRT) is an international meeting supported by the IFMSA, where members and motivated students from a (sub)region or sometimes even further away can meet and participate in trainings, workshops and small working groups. It can also be recognized as an IFMSA Activity.
SRTs and other IFMSA Activities are organized by an Organizing Committee (OC) within a National Member Organization (NMO) that volunteers to find board and lodging, to coordinate the trainings, Small Working Groups (SWGs) and workshops and to organize a social program for all the participants. The main objective of the program is to improve the work of IFMSA in the region.
- Motivate participants and make them feel part of the IFMSA;
- Share experiences, projects, and problem solving techniques;
- Deliver trainings in different topics;
- Work together to solve problems that officers might encounter through SWGs;
- Find out ways of collaboration with the rest of the NMOs in the region;
- Provide the members with further information about the IFMSA and the participating NMOs;
- Have lots of fun!
There are several examples of SRTs that have been organized so far, which include but are not limited by:
- Professional and Research Exchange Training (PRET)
- Training New Trainers, Training Old Trainers, Training Experienced Trainers (TNT/TOT/TET)
- Training New Human Rights Trainers (TNHRT)
- Training Medical Education Trainers (TMET)
- Northern/Southern European Cooperation for Sex Education (NECSE/SECSE)
- Global Health and/or Public Health Training
- International Peer Education Training (IPET)
- And many many more!
HIT - HelMSIC International Training is a peer education training workshop addressed to medical students from around the globe.
This year HIT includes the following workshops:
TNT (Training New Trainers)
TMET (Training Medical Education Trainers)
PRET (Professiοnal and Research Exchanges Training)
Each of these workshops aims to educate medical students on soft skills, medical education and exchanges - related topics, through peer education methods.
The workshops last 3 days each and take place simultaneously. All of them will beheld in English.
Dates | 12-15 April 2018
Venue | Thessaloniki, Stay Hybrid Youth Hostel (http://www.thestay.gr/)
Early Registration: 60€ for registrations from 18/01 to 17/02
Late Registration: 80€ for registrations from 18/02 to 15/03
*early registration is open until 17/02, 23:59 GMT (+2) and late registration from 18/02 to 15/03, 23:59 GMT (+2).
*fees include full boarding (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for every day of the training event and accomodation for all three days (check-in 12/04 and check-out 15/04 - 3 overnight stays)
HIT is a unique opportunity to improve your skills and acquire knowledge, while you interact and cooperate with medical students from all over the world. Don’t hesitate to take the chance and be a part of it!